An Etiquette Consulting Career
Certification through The Etiquette Institute gives you confidence and credibility as either an independent etiquette coach/consultant or your organization’s in-house etiquette specialist. Earning an Etiquette Consulting Certification will prepare you to teach etiquette basics to a variety of audiences including children, adolescents, college students, new and emerging professionals, and corporate leaders. Whether you are providing etiquette coaching services to either individuals or groups, a profession in etiquette education gives you both career independence and schedule flexibility. This career can be meaningful, challenging, and fun, and is frequently attractive to stay-at-home parents, retirees, entrepreneurs, career services professionals, and career changers.
Corporations, educational institutions, and professional organizations frequently send employees to The Etiquette Institute because it leads to enhanced client relationships, bottom-line profitability, and customer satisfaction. An in-house etiquette consultant can address the needs of interns and employees, enhance training and orientation programs for new hires, bring seasoned executives up to date on the changing nuances of business and professional etiquette, and circumvent inappropriate employee behaviors that could negatively impact an organization’s reputation.
Universities and colleges find it cost effective to have career services professionals or faculty members trained and certified to give presentations and dining tutorials that give students a competitive edge as they enter the workforce.
There are no restricted territories, contracts to sign or residuals to remit to The Etiquette Institute, the current President (Ray) or the Founder (Maria).
With your paid registration and completed training you will receive:
- Training Manual and Supporting Materials
- Either On-line (approximately 8 to 10 hours) or In-person (approximately 12 to 15 hours) Training
- Etiquette Consulting Certificate
- The Etiquette Institute Lifetime Membership Card
- The Etiquette Institute Tote Bag
- Ongoing Etiquette Consulting Coaching from O. Ray Angle on an as-needed basis
2022-2023 In-Person Training Dates & Locations
In-person training is offered four times annually in February (Spokane), April (St. Louis), August (Spokane), and November (St. Louis). The four upcoming training programs include:
November 18-19, 2022. Register here. Registration threshold must be reached by September 18, 2022.
February 17-18, 2023. Register here. Registration threshold must be reached by December 17, 2022.
April 21-22, 2023. Register here. Registration threshold must be reached by February 21, 2023.
August 18-19, 2023. Register here. Registration threshold must be reached by June 18, 2023.
Ongoing Online Training Dates & Locations (NEW)
Online training is available on an individual or group basis. There is no trainee threshold for online courses. Registration must be completed and registration fees received at least three weeks prior to the training program in order to mail training materials to participants. To discuss an individual or group online training program, please contact Ray at 510-586-8364.
Trainee Thresholds, Payment Requirements, & Cancellation Fees
– Due to the high costs associated with printing, training facilities rental, travel, hotel accommodations, and food & beverage, at least three trainees must be registered (with registration fees paid) 60 days prior to the training in order to offer the training and secure a training facility.
– Please consider registering and paying registration fees prior to the 60-day deadline if you wish to ensure that the trainee threshold is met.
– Registration is limited to no more than 10 trainees.
– If the trainee threshold is met, registration will remain open until the maximum capacity of 10 trainees is reached or two-weeks prior to the training.
– If the In-Person training trainee threshold is not met, the training program will be converted to an online training program.
– Please do not book travel and accommodations for training until the trainee threshold has been met and the training facility has been confirmed.
– If a trainee registration is cancelled 59 to 30 days prior to training, 80% of training fees will be refunded.
– If a trainee registration is cancelled fewer than 30 days prior to training, 70% of training fees will be refunded.
Training Schedule (schedule varies slightly for online training programs)
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Training Session 1
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Training Session 2
5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Training Session 3, Dining Etiquette Tutorial (tutorial may vary from a five-course meal to a nine-course meal depending upon facility availability)
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Training Session 4
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Training Session 5
Training Categories & Topics
Below is an outline of some of the topics included in the two-day training curriculum:
History of Etiquette
– Making introductions
– Remembering names
– Business Cards
– Thank you notes
– Visual impression
– Image, dress, attire
– Speaking and listening
Workplace Communication & Technology Etiquette
– Telephone etiquette
– Email etiquette
– Social media etiquette
– Meeting etiquette
Networking/Development Professional Relationships
Etiquette Consulting Basics